We want to help you Live HEALTHY - our wellness programs are designed to help you. Pairing our dedication to wellness with world-class healthcare is how we’re making a world of difference right in your backyard.
Risk Factors and Causes
People of all ages, races, and ethnic backgrounds are diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension (PH). Even though anyone can be diagnosed with PH, certain risk factors and exposures can be associated with PH and make some people more susceptible to the disease.
- Certain medical conditions such as collagen vascular diseases (including lupus, scleroderma, and rheumatoid arthritis), chronic liver disease, HIV, or congenital heart diseases.
- Exposure to diet drugs such as fenphen or exposure to street drugs including cocaine and methamphetamine.
- Obesity, obstructive sleep apnea, and other respiratory diseases.
- Chronic Thromboembolic Disease - clots that persist in the lung blood vessels.
- Idiopathic and Familial PH (formerly Primary Pulmonary Hypertension) is a rare condition and may be caused by a genetic defect.
SRHS Regional Pulmonary Hypertension Center
Located in Ocean Springs Medical Park
3535 Bienville Blvd / Ocean Springs, MS 39564
Call 228-818-4190 for more information.