Volunteer with Hospice of Light
Comfort. Care. Compassion.
Hospice of Light is currently looking for volunteers to become members of our team.
Hospice of Light, a service of Singing River Health System, is devoted to providing individuals with life limiting illnesses and their families excellent physical care and emotional and spiritual support using an interdisciplinary team approach.
Hospice of Light volunteers are special people with a sincere desire to help others.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
• Performing clerical tasks at the Hospice of Light office
• Visiting and spending quality time with the patient
• Running errands for the patient
• Writing birthday and thank you cards
• Providing hospice related educational information to the community
• Providing a support system for the patient’s caregiver
Each volunteer determines the amount of time that they are willing to give. Training is provided for all services.