Singing River Health System is a governmental entity organized and existing pursuant to the community hospital statutes of the State of Mississippi operating as a not-for-profit organization.
Comprised of two hospitals – Singing River Hospital in Pascagoula and Ocean Springs Hospital – plus community medical clinics throughout the Gulf Coast, SRHS offers:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Heart and Vascular Services
- The Regional Cancer Center
- Women’s and Children’s Services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- The Neuroscience Center
- Behavioral Health Services
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- Hospice of Light
Our team of approximately 2,400 employees and more than 300 physicians is committed to providing you exemplary health care so that you, too, will consider Singing River Health System “your” hospital for serving all your health care needs.
Singing River Health System 2013 Quick Facts
- Economic Impact: County Wages $271 million*
- 111,260 visits to the Emergency Rooms were recorded.
- 85,585 visits to our SRHS Clinics helped increase access to primary care.
- 12,396 people received free patient transport.
- 1.4 million outpatient procedures were performed.
- 18,195 patients used our hospitals
*In economic terms, SRHS is one of the largest employers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, providing jobs for more than 3,900 residents of Jackson County and surrounding areas. SRHS provided $194 million for employees' salaries and benefits in 2013. Direct and indirect impact from personal imcome generates an estimated $149 million in local retail sales and $1 million in local sales tax.
Source: Center for Policy Research and Planning and the Mississippi Institutes of Higher Learning.