Singing River Health System is a governmental entity organized and existing pursuant to the community hospital statutes of the State of Mississippi operating as a not-for-profit organization.
Comprised of two hospitals – Singing River Hospital in Pascagoula and Ocean Springs Hospital – plus community medical clinics throughout the Gulf Coast, SRHS offers:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Heart and Vascular Services
- The Regional Cancer Center
- Women’s and Children’s Services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- The Neuroscience Center
- Behavioral Health Services
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- Hospice of Light
Our team of approximately 2,600 employees and more than 300 physicians is committed to providing you exemplary health care so that you, too, will consider Singing River Health System “your” hospital for serving all your health care needs.
Singing River Health System 2012 Quick Facts
- Economic Impact: County Wages $271 million*
- 106,130 visits to the Emergency Rooms were recorded.
- 18,622 surgery cases were performed, including heart surgery and bariatric surgery.
- 234 adults participated in free tobacco cessation classes.
- 81,000 visits to our SRHS Clinics helped increase access to primary care.
- 1,611 people met our charity care guidelines and received care at our hospitals.
- 6,324 people in need of mental health assistance found help through our outpatient programs
*In economic terms, SRHS is one of the largest employers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, providing jobs for more than 2,600 residents of Jackson County and surrounding areas. SRHS provided $194 million for employees' salaries and benefits in 2012. Direct and indirect impact from SRHS on Jackson County is an estimated 3,900 jobs and $271 million per year in wages.
Source: Center for Policy Research and Planning and the Mississippi Institutes of Higher Learning.